Sunday, November 21, 2004

Ellen DeGeneres Dancing on TV

I’ve always been excited by dance on television. It’s probably something I should have the professionals check out. Perhaps I was a June Taylor dancer in another life. I don’t know why I love it, but I do. Take, for example, the gap commercials--not bad rip-offs of post modern dance.

For fellow “dance on TV” lovers, there's a new commercial, staring Ellen DeGeneres. I think it’s an American Express commercial, but honestly I was so captivated by Ms. DeGeneres’s dancing I didn’t pay much attention to what she was selling. Her style accentuates her special brand of silliness and comfort in her own skin. There is something downright intoxicating about watching someone dance that doesn’t care what they look like. It makes you want to just jump in and join the party. Just don’t max out your AMEX card.